Thursday, April 13, 2006

Young Offender


I am doing a series of 'POP GIRL' drawings and this is just a prelimanary sketch for one of them. I think I'll hold off from showing the others until I have all of them done. This is one of three girls in high socks, bright shirts and short-shorts.


I ended up deconstructing Lauren Collins face and studying her features while they aired a new episode of 'Degrassi: The Next Generation' last Friday where she had a lesbian love affair with her friend Alex. I love her stubby nose, sullen eye look, and drawing with a pen. Its great.


More pen drawings of this weird looking woman at a life drawing session. She had an interesting face that I couldn't quite capture right, plus she literally bent her ass to me when we were drawing her. I think I turned red.






Just a bunch of pen and pencil doodles. Some are rånny doodles for my short, others are just inspired by people I see on the streets or on T.V, etc, etc. Try to find Angel from 'Rent' in my doodles!


C U L8TER, ALLIGATOR. Here is a character design for my production studio class. The group wanted an alligator character that would translate well in 3D. We have the model already and it looks great.

5 Comments:

Blogger onemanpunkband said...

WAHOO! a new post, and is a good one! i'm in love with your pop girl, if she was real i would ask her to marry me... great drawings! i like how many sketches you have, i really need to start doodling more often.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Rånny said...

lolz. Thanks, Tavis! I am so sorry for not commenting on your wonderful blogger as of lately...actually, I haven't been blogging or internetting (if thats the term; ha-ha) at all for quite some time, I am almost graduating and have been in a k-hole ever since October of last year. So as you can see, my time online has gradually been depleting as I prepare myself to earn an optimal job in the animation industry...and it would be my very first! So I am quite anxious and nervous at the same time! D:

And yes, you should doodle everyday! It certainly keeps me from loosing my sanity and bowels. lulz. jk.

take care!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Olivia a.k.a. Olive*Tea said...

yummy! gotta love sketches :D
looks like the Pop Girl is gonna be a pretty cool series, keep showing us more!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, what a eyeload of Ranny goodness! I love that first girl - is it digital or markers? I can't tell, haha. You're gonna grad a superstar and get any job you want, just you see.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Megan Ferguson said...

oh dear ranny those pics are STUNNIDNG , im suppoes tobe doing sketches tonight and i wanst inspired but BAMN now i am ! :D

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter