Monday, February 27, 2006

You're an Obsession

My obsessions are clearly things of high class and sophistication; sketchbook drawing, gardening, and biting my nails. Now, that I got that confession out of the way, here is a llama for your mama.


I've been going every week to my local farm/market place to draw these very nice animals. I've gotten to know them so well, that everytime I go visit them, they immediately come forward to grab a bite out of my sketchbook. The llama wanted to spit in my face. What a cute bastard. Here are a bunch of pen drawings, I am trying to perfect my pen drawing ability. I will be posting my advances as I gradually continue to go visit my mammilian friends, with realistic and cartoony drawing studies. Oh, rapture!


A lot of sketchbook drawings! I love sketchbooks. I have several hanging out in my closet. I have a bad habit of leaving the last pages of my sketchbooks unused. Is this wrong? Does anyone else have the same problem? I shall have an altercation with myself after finishing this new post about this topic.


Life drawings done with pen. I go every Saturday morning...and I want to attend more often during the week. I just have to wake up earlier on Wednesdays. Ugh. Well thats it folks, more ace links added. Go check em' out when you have the chance!

18 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Wow ranny! That's quite the update, yourself! I absolutly love animal lifedrawing, and your sketches are beautiful, so much life but also fine attention to detail.

Man I love your art!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dammmn these are so purty! What did you colour the guy with the pursed lips on the sketch page with? That's so smooth. I have a tonne of sketchbooks that are usually only a quarter filled or some rubbish. So it's not only you! Some books are good for some texture, some need classier ideas, yadda, yadda. They're as finicky as the people you draw them on (or llamas. Llamas are such a Ranny animal ;)

8:53 AM  
Blogger onemanpunkband said...

man your good!

2:08 PM  
Blogger onemanpunkband said...

i spelled you're wrong.. MAN YOU'RE GOOD!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Brian Growe said...

I really like your drawings, keep up the wonderful work!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

nice stuff, keep it up

11:47 PM  
Blogger Megan Ferguson said...

!! LLAMAS , DAMNNIT ranny you are so cool :D ! i love your lifedraiwng sketches , they have such a charm that NO ONE BUT YOU COULD CAPTURE !!

8:54 PM  
Blogger onemanpunkband said...

Dear ranny,

Please post more.

-onemanpunkband-

4:13 PM  
Blogger Schmiddy said...

yah yer good

11:44 PM  
Blogger Martin Wittig said...

Beautiful sketches!!

10:56 PM  
Blogger ken said...

holy crap, i wish i drew like you at 20

5:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful animal and figure drawings!! Very nice work!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger olgastern said...

Really nice artwork, you have a really nice expressive line, i loves seeing that. Post more!

7:04 PM  
Blogger olgastern said...

Really nice artwork, you have a really nice expressive line, i loves seeing that. Post more!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Raymond Xu said...

was introduced to this blog, and i am blown away by some of the sketches. Nicely done.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rånny felicitaciones por tu trabajo,he puesto link en Perejilpuntocom.

Saludos :)

6:31 AM  
Blogger Rånny said...

Thank you everyone! Sorry for the late response, I've been super busy with school D::

Um, to answer your questions, I colour my sketches with tria markers and usually use simple micron pens and or brush pens to ink. I've been currently using a ball point pen for drawing and just usually colour over that...even though it makes the lineart smear.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Thierry Martin said...

Waou, you have a magnificent blow of pencil, sensitive and nervous has the time, bravo.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter